13 April, 2016

What do you think Kendall is Known For????



This question was posed to me today.  When someone asks you, "What do you think Kendall is known for??"  What would you say in return?? I am curious as to what my readers think.  Is Kendall known for its agriculture or would the railroad, "The Hojack", come to mind.  What about Kendall being the first to have a Norwegian colony in the United States.  That is something that should be well known about our community but isn't.  Kendall had a great community where if a farmer was down on his luck his neighbors were right there to help.  It didn't matter if they had their own work to do still.  Tell me what you believe Kendall is known for.  Post your comments below or email me with what you think.  I would love to hear from you.  Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Orleans County Historian, Matthew Ballard, has a marvelous Power Point presentation about the Norwegian immigrants! I would definitely say that aspect, the farming, and Troutburg are Kendall's claims to fame. A lovely town filled with lovely people. Holly Canham

    ReplyDelete